Saturday, May 30, 2009

Change of Plan

Originally I was going to leave from my house and just start riding, but as I studied the road through the California desert, I kept thinking this doesn't look fun. I finally decided it not only wasn't fun, but probably dangerous to try and ride 120mi unsupported on a loaded bike in 104 degree heat, with no rest stops, no shade , no motels, nothing. So my new plan is to get on the train in Los Angeles and take that to Flagstaff, and start riding from there. It's much cooler, there are more facilities closer together and I actually have a chance to make it to Wisconsin in a month

Thanks Josh

1 comment:

  1. The desert can be as brutal as it is beautiful and is always best traversed with a Plan B in mind. Don't worry Bruce, other unanticipated challanges await. May your mind remain as open as the road as you pedal your heartbeat to the rhythm of adventure. Josh

    ReplyDelete