Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Recovery day

I decided to use today as a recovery day. Just ride 30 mi. Because
tomorrow I have 100 mi to go. I'm in Holbrook Az. Feeling a little
tired. Perpetuum seems to help during the ride. Days not too hot. But
it is very dry and I'm still at 5000 ft. Had 1st flat today. Have to
watch out for those little pieces of wire from blown truck tires that
litter the shoulder. Tomorrows a long day. Starting at 4am. There is a
24 he dennys next to hotel. I'll fuel up there. Later

Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Denny's for fuel? Ouch.
    No Whole Foods?
    No Mother's Market?
    No Santa Monica Seafood?
    Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe & Aggie's Cafe
    Wayside Cafe

    Good reviews in Yelp for Holbrook restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flat tires are no fun. Travel safe tomorrow.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your flat Bruce. Hopefully a "Moons over my Hammy" will carry you through tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, Bruce. Just remember, at the end of a long pull, your mind will play tricks with you...you'll start thinking crazy things like " I can do 200 mi today." How is the camping thing working?

    ReplyDelete