Sunday, August 16, 2009

le French Ride

Bonjour

This will be known as le French ride. The blog should be read with a bad French accent. Four intrepid souls met at la Starbuck. Gary, Seb, Geraldo and I. We took off about 6:30 down le Colorado Blvd, chatting and enjoying the overcast cool morning. All glad we weren't looking at a 25 mile 20% climb up some crazy hill.

We could tell it was going to be a good ride. We came down the hill from the freeway and hit both lights green getting us up to San Fernando Blvd. Quick trip down Sonora to le Griffith Park where we fueled up and headed up that nasty little hill from le travel town to the gate. I owned that hill, dropping everyone and getting to the gate in good time. We regathered and started up le trash dump hill. I knew it was going to be tough to take this hill. Le badger and I traded lead till about half way up, then he got a little gap that he held. I stayed on his wheel trying to save a little for that last steep 100 meters. We got to the last switchback together, but at that point I had nothing left. I started to claw my way back on the last hill, but true to le Badger's nature there were no gifts. Seb rolled in seconds later and Gary led le lantern rouge.

Down the hill through the tunnel to Figaros for some omelette Figaro and a round of maudites




an uneventful relaxing ride down le Sunset to Gare Goldline









Which takes us right to le grand L'orange for awesome bloody marys











The Badger and I did some bike shopping and if you are still reading this Michael, Geraldo didn't buy the Cervelo

See you all next week

1 comment:

  1. Bruce, I read your blog every week. I've found a strategy that seems to herlp me reach the crest befor Le Badger....feign not working hard. Control your breath rate when he is in ear shot & act casual as you hold your pace. Occasionally stand for a few spins & all combined it makes him sense your just cruising. Many timesi I'm on the verge of blowing up & can see the top & hang on just a few feet behind him. I can tell he feels the same when he keeps looking back. Then pour on the power out of the saddle the last 50 yards.
    I missed riding last 2 or 3 weeks. I'm bummed about the Angeles crest! Looking forward your review on yesterday's ride & finding rides to replicate the crest. Did Newcomb Ranch burn?
    Michael

    ReplyDelete